Nowadays the kitchen cannot be seen as an exclusively functional space.
In addition to being the area for preparing meals. It also begins to be a dining area, also used to receive less formal guests.
The kitchen must therefore be a cheerful, elegant and well-decorated space.
One of the easiest ways to add color and joy to any kitchen is through simple rugs, available in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors or patterns.
Regardless of the type of flooring your kitchen has, you can easily use practical rugs to decorate the space.
The rugs for the kitchen is one of the best ways to create harmony in the environment, unifying the theme and all existing colors.
The most important notes
- When we are cooking it is normal to drop food scraps or make a little dirt, so opt for models that are easy to clean.
- Near the sink or stove, preferably for models with a non-slip base to prevent slips and accidents.
- To make kitchen cleaning and day-to-day use easier, waterproof mats are a good option.
Advantages of using kitchen mats
A carpet in the kitchen makes it possible to cover the floor in areas that are more prone to dirt, from household chores such as cooking or washing dishes.
A carpet near the dishwasher will allow water to be splashed and prevent possible falls due to the slippery floor.
- An advantage of using rugs in the kitchen is that it is not necessary to purchase a large rug or install a carpet across the floor to protect the floor.
- The rugs can be smaller in size and strategically placed in the kitchen areas more prone to the occurrence of dirt or “accidents”, as is the case of the stove, washbasin, dining area or refrigerator, where spills are frequent and the rugs can act immediately, absorbing the liquid.
- The rugs essentially help to keep the floor clean, avoiding stains on the floor. Most carpets used in the kitchen are easy to wash and can even be washed in the washing machine.
- Kitchen rugs help to create harmony between all the elements of decoration in the environment, such as furniture, cabinets, wall tones, floors and even other decorative accessories.
- A rug in the kitchen can also be an excellent way to make the room more inviting. It is also an excellent way to renew the decor of the environment without making any major changes.
Kitchen rug loose or in play?
This may be one of the main doubts when choosing the ideal model for your kitchen.
The rugs can be sold in sets, of two or three units, or individually.
The carpet set usually has a longer model that is in front of the sink, and two smaller ones to be placed in front of the stove and refrigerator.
The loose kitchen rug is usually cheaper and is widely used by those who like a cleaner decoration.
|Carpet set||Loose rug|
|Composes||A longer rug and, one or two smaller ones||A longer rug|
|Indicated for||Who likes to combine several pieces and uses the rug in front of the stove and refrigerator?||Who likes a cleaner decor and uses only a rug in front of the sink|